Friday, November 20, 2009

One citizen's experience with "government run" health care





I read in the Tulsa Whirled that H1N1 flu shots were now available to everyone. Previously they had been limited to "targeted" groups - kids, pregnant women, health care workers etc.

A little voice told me to call my local health department here in Delaware County, Oklahoma to find out more. The nice lady on the phone confirmed that the immunizations were indeed available to all. Would I like to make an appointment? How about Friday, I asked. "What time?" she replied. I suggested one o'clock. After taking our names she said "We'll see you then."

We were in and out in less than 15 minutes. They asked only for our names, dates of birth, and contact information. No ID's (not even proof of citizenship or legal residency!) - and best of all, no insurance hassle. And the woman giving the shots was so gentle that I didn't even feel it.

Did I mention that there was no charge?

If this is what "government-run" health care is like.... I WANT MORE!

No comments: